what did you do today

Home Forums Public Discussion General Discussion what did you do today

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Loki 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Loki
    Participant

being such a nice day I took the opportunity to install my upgrade parts courtesy of Robert. GT swaybars and Ford performance rear lower control arms…..that sure changed the ride of my 05 base, what a solid feel now!! It did not help that the rear arms bushings were on the verge of needing replacement anyway. A little more road noise but well worth the <3 hrs of wrenching. WOOHOO!!!

1990GTCobra
    Participant

That sounds a lot more fun and rewarding than what I did. I as well took advantage of the nice weather and did a couple oil changes on the other (not so fun) cars and changed the winter tires over on my Crown Victoria. Like I said, not as fun or rewarding as performance upgrades, but it had to be done and it beat doing it once it gets cold out. Other than that, just watched a lot of racing this weekend.

Loki
    Participant

Watching some racing is always productive

1990GTCobra
    Participant

LOL, well I have always thought so. Glad I am not the only one.

r66pony
    Participant

We took advantage of the weather as well, and took the car out and put some miles on the new engine. Spent part of the morning doing some adjustments with the fuel/air mixture on the carb.. Trying to get all the fine tuning and break-in done before I have to put it away for the winter.

Loki
    Participant

This week I had to repair my instrument cluster. On Sunday my speedometer went wacky (must say it looked good with the needle buried to 240kph). A search online revealed the early Mustangs had poor quality motors to drive the gauges so $24 and 2 days later had some new updated motors from Vancouver to install. Dash removal is 5 mins and disassembly is even less. A hour or so later had the motors soldered in (replaced all 4 since I had it apart). Everything worked except now the coolant temp did not work….AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!
    When I installed the motor one pin bent over thus the faulty gauge. Had to remove the motor and re-solder it in after fixing the bent pin (these pins are small and I am not so young any more so do not give me any grief). Gauge still did not work…????
    Re-inspection with a good magnifying glass revealed 2 circuits on the electronics board to the motor had come apart during the repair….too much heat in removing the motor the 2nd time always gets you!
    Luckily I had some small wire (I mean small, like 0.020″) to solder in place to repair the failed circuits and TAA DAA all is working like new.
    So for $24 bucks, a few hours of labour, some sweat and nervousness I have a working dash again. Much better than getting a new one or spending $200-300 on having it repaired somewhere else.

By the way I have 2 new spare stepper motors if anyone needs one (had to buy 6 at a time and only required 4)

S1L1K0N
    Keymaster

That’s really sweet that you were able to pull that off. The soldering would have gotten me, I’m terrible at it.

Loki
    Participant

There was a bit of stress involved especially trying solder a single strang of wire onto a single circuit with another in close proximity

NOTAGT
    Participant

Was doing some soldering Sunday, on some RGB LED strip lights. The eyes are not what they used to be.

Loki
    Participant

I agree on that one

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.