Need help cleaning out my rodent infested mustang

Home Forums Public Discussion General Discussion Need help cleaning out my rodent infested mustang

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Math4fun
    Participant

Well, my first year storage didn’t turn out too well. I stored my ’66 mustang in a garage over the winter and I just went to pull it out and start driving it now that the weather is good. Unfortunately, a nest of mice made it’s home inside of my back seat and now the car smells like urine. The carpet is soaked in the stuff and there are mice turds all over the place.

Is there a good place to take this and get it cleaned? I figure I might need to get the seats and carpet replaced as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Math4fun
    Participant

Well, no replies, so I thought I would put what I’ve done. Turns out MPI will get this fixed up since I’m insured. I turned the car over to a remediation shop and they are going through the car, checking the wiring and upholstery. They have so far confirmed that the wiring is clear of chewing, confirmed the vents and heating system is ok, and they sent the back seats to an upholstery shop. The next step is to pull out the front seats and carpeting. I’ll update this post when I get more info.

Math4fun
    Participant

Hi All,

Finally got the car back last week. The reason it took so long was getting the back seat reupholstered. The car is running well, and I do detect a slight smell of mice when the day is warm and humid. Guess it will take a while till that goes away.

This winter, I plan on putting the car in a car storage facility that is indoors and has pest control in place.

Tim

TomWR
    Participant

Hi, doesn’t seem to be much activity on the site. I have a 66 convert I’m in the process of restoring however having some issues with getting a patter for the seat foam. My car has the bench in it which is fairly rare, on 4% made with it. I in inadvertently threw out the old foam not thinking I need them. Searched every where. I need the old foam from a 66 coupe which will work.Any help or can you put the word out. I set an email to the club however no reply as of today.

TomWR
    Participant

By the way, what colour is your car, I just had mine painted Antique Bronze.I saw it on line and liked it. Hae a pic of it.

TomWR
    Participant

Here is the pic I have.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Math4fun
    Participant

Hi Tom,

The colour is called Prairie Bronze. Had the car repainted back in 1999. Looks a bit worst for wear when you look close.

The bench you are talking about, is it the back seat? Or does your car have a full front seat instead of bucket seats? I’ve never seen that before.

And yes, this site is pretty much dead.

I found one site that says it has a reupholstery kit for front seat bench. Not sure if it will be what you want.
    https://www.classicindustries.com/product/1965/ford/mustang/parts/ak50104.html

Tim

S1L1K0N
    Keymaster

Sorry for the late reply, sadly the forums on this site don’t get used much anymore, most people use the Facebook Group to let each other know what’s going on…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.