Registering an old Mustang in Manitoba

Home Forums Public Discussion General Discussion Registering an old Mustang in Manitoba

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Math4fun
    Participant

I moved up to Winnipeg 5 years ago, leaving my 66 coupe on the family farm. I’m going down to pick it up this month. How difficult will it be to register this car here once it’s here? How difficult will the safety be? Anybody with experience in this process who can give me some advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Barb’sPony
    Participant

Hi Tim, take it to a reputable garage to get it safetied. As long as you have all the paperwork, it is a simple process. I went through this process last year with an 07 Shelby GT500 and it was fairly painless. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Barb

Math4fun
    Participant

Hi Barb, thank you for replying. I was wondering if there should be anything about the safety that I might have a problem with given it is such an old car. Guess I will find out! Tim

Barb’sPony
    Participant

Good luck with the safety, hopefully there is not too much wrong with her. Was the car last registered in your name?

Math4fun
    Participant

Barb, yes the car is registered in my name. I’ve owned it since 1990.

Math4fun
    Participant

Hey Barb, I made it and the old mustang is now in Winnipeg. Now the question I have is does anyone have a suggestion on what garage/mechanic to take her to for the safety and repair? I take my regular car to Kal Tire for general maintenance, but this is a classic and I am sure I can do better.

Math4fun
    Participant

A bit of an update….I was successful at passing my safety (only problem was a burned out license plate light). My baby is now registered, insured, and I’m driving it as my primary car, at least until winter. Thanks for all the help!

Tim

S1L1K0N
    Keymaster

That’s great to hear, now you just need to come to one of the meetings or cruises to meet the gang 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.