So what kind of cars and turnouts….

Home Forums Public Discussion General Discussion So what kind of cars and turnouts….

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Loki.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    1990GTCobra
    Participant

Hi, so I was wondering for Sunday nights what kind of turnouts and cars do you generally see these days? Two main things I will be changing once the car comes out again in the spring will be rims/tires and exhaust. Rims and tires are fairly easy but I am very picky about exhaust.

I am hoping that there is generally a good turnout of 5.0 mustangs (closer to stock would be great) that would be willing to let me hear their exhaust and let me know what they have. I have searched countless youtube videos but there is no substitute for hearing it in person. The other thing I noticed with the youtube videos is that most of these cars are quite modified so obviously whatever exhaust is on them will sound a lot different on my stock version.

Anyway, this will likely be things for next spring but it is nice to get the ball rolling. This is going to be a long winter, LOL.

S1L1K0N
    Keymaster

The club does a weekly cruise Friday evenings, not Sunday as you mentioned above. I think the largest turn-out we had this year was 29 cars during an evening in June. On average it’s usually around 15-20 cars. As for other 5.0’s, unfortunately there isn’t as many Fox-body cars out there anymore, and therefore there isn’t that many in the club. Newer (Coyote) 5.0’s are pretty prevalent though 🙂 You’re more than welcome to just show up at the Legislative Building Friday evening, everyone’s pretty approachable and you’ll get to see what usually goes on…

1990GTCobra
    Participant

I see, good to know. Friday after work might be tricky now, but that might actually work out well next year. I have Friday afternoons off from mid May to mid September. Thats too bad about the older 5.0’s. I think we would still be interested in attending though. What time in the evening does this usually happen?

S1L1K0N
    Keymaster

This time of year (post Labour Day) the cruise departs at 7pm (due to the shortened daylight), usually from the Manitoba Legislative Grounds. Before Labour Day they depart at 7:30pm. People usually arrive 30 mins before we leave to catch up with each other and share some laughs. If you scroll down on the main page (under the News/Notices and Upcoming Events headers) you’ll see the details about the upcoming cruise including a map of the intended route; this is also useful as sometimes we change departure locations to make it easier to get out of the city as group and cancellation notices are also posted there when the weather is bad or is forecast to be ugly.

Loki
    Participant

I would recommend looking at MBRP exhaust….Canadian company, good quality and reasonably price. Had one on my Focus, great sound, not like most cigar can exhausts. They usually have sounds clips on their website.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.